Have you ever wondered how much the painting hanging above your parents fireplace is worth? What about the antique statue passed down in the family for generations?
In this episode, Esther Szabo is joined by Andrea Roth, an independent art appraiser certified by the American Society of Appraisers. Andrea discusses her job as an appraiser and how it can relate to estate planning, divorce settlements and insurance coverage. Andrea reveals how appraisers work with authenticators to discover the value of a piece and the evolution of technology's role within her work.
- Never to presume value - surprises encountered
- The importance of asset appraisal for insurance as well as estate and divorce settlements
- Behind the scenes of an art appraiser
- The steps involved in appraising a piece of artwork
- The difference between Antiques Roadshow and an art appraiser
- And more
Related: Protect Your Home and Assets